Outdoor advertising can be an effective way to reach a large audience and promote your brand or product. However, managing outdoor advertising campaigns can be a complex task that requires careful planning and execution. One of the most important aspects of managing an outdoor advertising campaign is monitoring its performance and making adjustments as needed to ensure the desired outcomes are achieved. A dashboard development can help you achieve this.
A dashboard is a user interface that presents key performance indicators (KPIs) and other relevant information in a single view. It can help you monitor the performance of your outdoor advertising campaign and make data-driven decisions to improve its effectiveness.
According to LaSoft, there are six steps that you should take for developing a dashboard to control the outcome of your outdoor advertising campaign:
- Define your objectives. Before developing a dashboard, it’s important to define your objectives. What do you want to achieve with your outdoor advertising campaign? Are you looking to increase brand awareness, drive sales, or promote a specific product? Defining your objectives will help you identify the KPIs that are most important to monitor.
- Choose the right KPIs. Once you’ve defined your objectives, you need to choose the right KPIs to monitor. KPIs are metrics that help you measure the success of your outdoor advertising campaign. Some common KPIs for outdoor advertising campaigns include:
- Impressions: the number of times your advertisement was seen by people
- Click-through rate (CTR): the percentage of people who clicked on your advertisement after seeing it
- Conversion rate: the percentage of people who completed a desired action, such as making a purchase, after clicking on your advertisement
- Cost per click (CPC): the cost of each click on your advertisement
- Return on investment (ROI): the amount of revenue generated compared to the cost of the campaign
Choosing the right KPIs will depend on your objectives and the specific goals of your outdoor advertising campaign.
- Use data visualization techniques. Data visualization techniques can help you present complex data in a way that is easy to understand. A dashboard should include visualizations such as charts, graphs, and tables to help you quickly identify trends and patterns in your data.
- Choose the right dashboard tool. There are many dashboard tools available that can help you create a dashboard for your outdoor advertising campaign. Some popular dashboard tools include Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, and Google Data Studio. Choose a tool that is easy to use and has the features you need to monitor your KPIs.
- Integrate data sources. To create an effective dashboard, you need to integrate data from multiple sources. For example, you may need to integrate data from your advertising platform, website analytics, and sales data. Integrating data from multiple sources can help you get a more complete picture of your campaign’s performance.
- Monitor your dashboard regularly. A dashboard is only effective if it is monitored regularly. Make sure to set up alerts or notifications for when certain KPIs fall below a certain threshold. This will allow you to take action quickly to address any issues and ensure that your outdoor advertising campaign is achieving the desired outcomes.
In conclusion, a dashboard can be a powerful tool for monitoring and controlling the outcome of your outdoor advertising campaign. By defining your objectives, choosing the right KPIs, using data visualization techniques, choosing the right dashboard tool, integrating data sources, and monitoring your dashboard regularly, you can make data-driven decisions to improve the effectiveness of your outdoor advertising campaign.